Thursday, June 21, 2007

Important Question


So I got some good books for my birthday, but now I have the trouble of picking which to read first. I generally read two or three at a time, but even then this is a difficult decision. Here they are.
1. The Cambridge Companion to Postmodern Theology ed. by Kevin Vanhoozer
2. The Fragile Absolute by Slavoj Zizek
3. Liberal Theology: A Radical Vision by Peter Hodgson
4. Liberating Paul: the justice of God and the Politics of the Apostle by Neil Elliott
5. The Emerging Christian Way includes Marcus Borg, Sallie McFauge, Matthew Fox...
6. Christianity and the Postmodern Turn: Six Views ed. by Myron B. Penner
7. Christ and Empire: From Paul to Postcolonial Times by Joerg Rieger
8. Simple Church by Thom Rainer & Eric Geiger
9. The Divine Relativity: A Social Conception of God by Charles Hartshorne

3 comments:

kevinraysinclair said...

I would say the Liberating Paul book. I know how much you loves you some Paul, Trippor! Miss you man. Wish you were going to make it to the wedding. Tell Alecia, Pebbles, and Peanut hi for me.

-K

kevinraysinclair said...

I would say the Liberating Paul book. I know how much you loves you some Paul, Trippor! Miss you man. Wish you were going to make it to the wedding. Tell Alecia, Pebbles, and Peanut hi for me.

-K

Matthew said...

Reading borg now, loving it.

www.matthewsblog.waynesborochurchofchrist.org